ECHO Leadership Program Volunteer Mentors
Characteristics of volunteer mentors for the ECHO Leadership Program:
- Desire to work with young women
- Team Player
- Life long learner
- Open-minded and culturally sensitive
- Desire and ability to work in partnership with young women
- Full commitment to the program
- Able to speak in public
- Willing to adhere to the guiding principles
- Have a flexible schedule
- Able to meet the school requirement to work with youth
What is the commitment for a volunteer mentor?
- Be a good role model for the ECHO participants and youth partners.
- Meet with the ECHO participants two to three times a month, from August until May.
- Ten hours per month.
- Participate for an entire academic school year.
- Participate in a two-day training session during the summer and a one-day session in the spring.
- Interview new ECHO participants.
- Co-facilitate the activities with you and adult partners.
- Attend the following special events/field trips with the ECHO participants:
- A college retreat
- Visit the State Capitol and a university
- Fill out the application
- Fax the application to (831) 772-0773 or mail it to:
Girls Inc. of the Central Coast
Attn: Elizabeth Contreras
318 Cayuga St., Suite 209
Salinas, CA 93901
- For more information, or to receive an application, please call (831) 772-0882.