Growing Together is a program designed to increase positive communication between mothers or other significant adults and their 9- to 12-year old daughters.
- Allows time for mothers and daughters to explore their feelings, values and expectations.
- Provides participants the opportunity to practice decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Provides participants the opportunity to learn about open communication, which is an important part of a healthy relationship.
- Provides factual information about the changes girls may experience during puberty.
- Helps parents to answer questions about sexual behavior and puberty without embarrassment.
If you are interested in joining or would like more information, please contact the Girls Inc. of the Central Coast office at (831) 772-0882.